A Gig Harbor-based developer plans to start taking cryptocurrency as payment for its properties later this month.
Harbor Custom Development, Inc. will accept “Cryptocurrencies as payments for listed land, developed land, condominium homes, condominiums, and apartments in the company’s operating markets in Washington, California, Texas, and Florida beginning January 24, 2022,” a recent press release said.
The company plans to take Bitcoin, Ethereum, USD Coin, XRP, Dogecoin, SHIBA INU, Binance USD, Wrapped Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, Pax Dollar and Gemini Dollar.
“Accepting digital currencies for our real estate offerings is a logical move for Harbor and demonstrates our flexible business model that separates us from our industry peers,” Chief Operating Officer Jeff Habersitzer said in the statement.
Harbor Custom Development operates around Puget Sound, as well as in Sacramento, California; Austin, Texas; and Punta Gorda, Florida.
Her website recently advertised homes in Tacoma, Bremerton, Belfair, Blaine, Texas and California.
“By accepting digital currencies, Harbor not only opens the door to entities with a combined market value of more than $1 trillion in purchasing power, but also puts Harbor first for adoption,” said Sterling Griffin, President and CEO, in the statement. “…Our clear goal is to increase shareholder value while serving as a thought leader within our industry group.”
Current Domestic Projects of Harbor Custom Development
- Soundview Estates, Bremerton: 25 homes
- Mills Crossing, Bremerton: 36 townhouses under construction
- Pacific Ridge, Tacoma: 80 condominiums under construction
- Windstone, Lim: 76 housing units under construction
- Olympic View Apartments on Sunset Project, Belfair: 226 units under construction
- Tanglewillde, Olympia Apartments: 177 under construction
Future Domestic Projects of Harbor Custom Development
- Bridgeview Apartments, Port Orchard: 138 units, site construction to begin Spring 2022
- Broadmoor Commons, Bremerton: 32 apartments, construction begins this month
- Westry Village, Poulsbo: 66 cottages, spring 2022