Get a small daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – investigate the stories that are flying under the radar of crypto news today.
- ripple (XRP) has announced a partnership with the Republic of Palau to explore the country’s first national digital currency and its use cases with XRP Ledger (XRPL). The partnership will initially focus on developing strategies for cross-border payments and a US dollar-backed digital currency in Palau, which could see the implementation of a national government-backed stablecoin in the first half of 2022 that will provide Ripple Palau with technical, business, design and policy support.
- A consortium of 74 Japanese companies plans to issue a digital yen that works similarly to bank deposits by the end of 2022, the consortium secretariat, Decorate, in a white paper and progress report published Wednesday.
- American movie theater chain Regal Cinema Partnered with a digital payments platform flex To start offering cryptocurrency payments for tickets and sweets. They will accept Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), and others.
- Online Payments Company ribbon He does not rule out accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of payment in the future, according to co-founder John Collison, according to CNBC. But he added that this will not happen soon.
- The team behind Floki Inoue symbol has Occurred Sponsorship deal with the Italian football giant SSC Naples. Thanks to the deal, the Floki Inu crest depicting a Shiba Inu dog wearing a Viking helmet will be displayed on the back of Napoli jerseys and across LED banners around the team’s stadium for the remainder of the current season.
- Crypto Entrepreneur Brooke Pierce Says He’s Returning to Politics and Submitting a “Statement of Regulation” to the US Federal Election Commission. He’s considering running for retired Senator Patrick Leahy, and added that registration allows him to begin raising campaign money.
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) is trying to access up to A$29 million (about $21 million) of BTC stored in a cold wallet belonging to a Gold Coast resident suspected of being the mastermind behind a widespread fraud scheme, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. ASIC alleges that Aryn Hala lured dozens of investors with promises of more than 20% annual investment returns, while using victims’ money for personal benefit.
- US banking agencies have set an agenda for how they can begin to tackle oversight of the cryptocurrency industry, according to a joint statement issued Tuesday that addressed crypto-backed custody and loans, and the potential for capital standards for the sector. While the announcement does not affect any existing regulations, the series of topics that officials intend to clarify in the coming year will govern how agencies can regulate the cryptocurrency industry as it intersects with banking and is subject to federal oversight.
- Game Software and VC . Company Animoca Brands Has provided an update about a file hack phantom galaxies The Discord server that took place on November 19, reassured victims of the hacker scam that the company would cover their losses (265 ETH, valued at $1.1 million), with details to be announced soon. However, they added, there is no evidence that smart contracts have been hacked, and no money has been stolen from the game or from its developer and publisher.
- Non-fungible Token Platform (NFT) open sea Auction house Kristi Announced a partnership to auction a series of non-fungible tokens to art collectors around the world. The NFTs are coordinated by Christie’s Specialist and Head of Digital and Online Sales Noah Davis, cryptocurrency collector and curator Ronnie Peruvino, and digital media platform. nft now. The auction will be open for browsing on OpenSea December 1-3, and open to bidding December 4-7.
- Australian pension fund The rest of the super She intends to invest in cryptocurrency “with caution and caution.” The company’s chief investment officer, Andrew Lyle, said that offering members exposure to crypto and blockchain technology could provide a “steady source of value” amid a time when investors are flocking to cryptocurrencies as a hedge against cash-deposit-based inflation.
- Play to win company avocado guild he have Starch $18 million Series A co-led Animoca Brands And QCP Soteria Node.
- The Swiss Non-Profit Blockchain Foundation ORIGYN Foundation It announced that it has raised $20 million in a funding round that brings the company’s value to $300 million. One of the investors who joined the round was Hilton Heiress Paris Hilton, while the financing will be used to expand the company.
- DAO Decentralized Financial Enterprise (DeFi) Incubator New order She raised 4 million US dollars to launch her product. DAO will be launched in early December, and many more incubated projects will be announced in the coming months.